It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can "Tag" be used a parameter in BIRT report?

Qi Li (1351718) | asked Jul 23 '12, 2:50 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Can "TAGS" be used a parameter in BIRT report? 

I have a report requirement that needs to use "TAGS" as a parameter for filtering reasons. So I add the "TAGS"  as a parameter from the table LIVE_WORKITEM_CNT, it really exposes all the tags, but whenever I select some values from it, run the report and no results returned by the report (it should return results as expected)

Anyone used "TAGS" as a parameter before and encounter a similar problem?

My notice is that some work items might be labeled more than one tags, and these tags are exposed as "|Tag1|Tag2", is it causing the problem?

Thanks in advance!

Qi Li

Comments
Qi Li commented Jul 23 '12, 2:57 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

To be more specific, some representative tags exposed in the drop-down list is that:

|Tag1|

|Tag1|Tag2|

|Tag1|Tag2|Tag3|

etc...

2 answers

permanent link
Vladimir Amelin (70472226) | answered Jul 24 '12, 3:22 a.m.
 Hello,

As you noticed when fetching from data set, tags are stored as one string with "|" delimiters for every work item. So you have to do some javascript parsing\additional handling to filter data by tag. 
You can either change parameter value at time of generating report to match it with "|tag1|tag2|tag3|"-like string or use data set filtering with built-in expression instead of data set parameter. 

permanent link
Qi Li (1351718) | answered Jul 23 '12, 2:58 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
To be more specific, some representative tags exposed in the drop-down list is that:

|Tag1| 

|Tag1|Tag2| 

|Tag1|Tag2|Tag3| 

etc...

Comments
Vladimir Amelin commented Jul 24 '12, 3:24 a.m.

Answer below is for using string parameter, not drop-down list(

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.