It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I use a relative date in a Plan View filter expression with quick query syntax?

Andrew Codrington (17733135) | asked Jul 23 '12, 12:03 p.m.
Goal is to filter out items resolved more than a day or two old while still showing recently closed items in a taskboard plan view.

e.g.
Filter Expression resolutionDate<(today-2)

I can currently use:
Filter Resolved Items
but it's just a little more satisfying to see a few items in that Closed column. :-)

Comments
Evan Leonard commented Jan 25 '13, 12:20 p.m.

This has other good uses too, such as coloring items in a kanban view that haven't been touched in a certain number of days.  To show which items are getting "stale" 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Millard Ellingsworth (2.5k12431) | answered Jul 23 '12, 7:51 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Not as best I can tell. The best reference on the quick query syntax that I'm aware of is at  https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/QuickQuerySyntax and it does not mention attributes of timestamp types at all. There is an open Enhancement for this feature at  https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=208443  Feel free to add your comments to help up-vote it.
Andrew Codrington selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Andrew Codrington commented Jul 24 '12, 9:01 a.m.

Thanks for the pointer. I've chimed in there.

w h commented Sep 27 '13, 3:55 p.m.

Looks like this works for 4.0.3.  Is there a way to use this for Custom Attributes? It works with the system dueDate but we created a "proposedDueDate" and can't see it as an option in the filtering.  If we can use custom attributes, what are we missing in our implementation to make it display? Thanks

2 other answers

permanent link
Millard Ellingsworth (2.5k12431) | answered Sep 27 '13, 4:34 p.m.
Answering w h comment above: Yes, you can. I love being able to say that once in a while. :-)

You need to use the Eclipse client, go into the project configuration data for the Project Area in the Plan Attributes section. In the Attribute Mapping, add your custom attribute. This is how custom work item attributes get shared with the planning component (which makes them visible/usable in plans). I tried this (4.0.3 web client) and after doing so was able to add a coloring expression against my custom date field.

In case that sounded like a foreign language, here are some more detailed steps:
1. Right click project area in Team Artifacts view and select Open
2. Open the Project Configuration -> Configuration Data -> Planning section
3. Click on Plan Attributes
4. Click open the Attribute Mapping section to the right, if necessary
5. Add your custom attribute to the Attribute Mapping
6. Save. You may need to refresh your plan in the web client to get the change picked up.

Screen shot:

Comments
Millard Ellingsworth commented Sep 27 '13, 4:36 p.m.

Oops, forgot to add the evidence: 

permanent link
w h (191824) | answered Sep 24 '14, 5:38 p.m.
 I'm using 4.0.3 RTC and am trying to create a Colors filter which only fires if no DueDate is set. I tried creating a daisy chain of dueDate:<today dueDate:>today but that doesnt seem to work. Any ideas?  Thanks! 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.