It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

In RTC, what is the expression syntax for a plan view that would just have risks and issues in it?

Kim Williams (56136) | asked Jun 12 '18, 12:30 p.m.

I want to create a view of and RTC plan that shows only issues and  risks.  Is there a way to do that using the exclude and expression options?

One answer

permanent link
Ulf Arne Bister (1.3k413) | answered Jun 12 '18, 2:14 p.m.

Kim,

I am having success with Exclude = !(type:Issue or type:Risk)

Of course, depending on the use case I would probably resort to a work item query or the Quickplanner.
If this helps please mark the answer as accepted.

gg,
Arne

Comments
Kim Williams commented Jun 13 '18, 6:49 a.m.

This did not work for me.  You are using this in the plan view?  What process template?

Matt Muller commented Jun 14 '18, 3:18 a.m.

This did not work for me either in 6.0.4 so I fixed it using - for my example state:

=!state:"Rejected" !state:"Deferred"

This worked for me so you could try:

!type:Issue !type:Risk

Ulf Arne Bister commented Jun 14 '18, 4:44 a.m.

I made my attempts on jazz.net on an actual sprint plan of RTC. Frustratingly it was not a repeatable success on either 6.0.4 or 6.0.3 plans in Scrum template PA.  I could not get any term to work so assuming logical terms do not work for the quick query syntax. You might have to resort to a regular work item query or the Quick Planner.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.