It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I allow a Jazz Guest to view a plan

Ken Murphy (1033235) | asked Nov 20 '14, 4:20 p.m.
edited Nov 20 '14, 4:21 p.m.
We have folks assigned to the Jazz Guest repository permission because we want them to have read access only.  This works fine for the dashboard and work items, but they cannot access plans.  Instead, they see a "None of the client access licenses assigned to you allow to view Plans".  I thought part of the point of the Jazz Guest assignment was so that those users don't consume a license.  How can I allow Jazz Guests to view sprint plans?

We are using CLM 4.0.3.

Comments
Sterling Ferguson-II commented Nov 21 '14, 10:38 a.m.

Ken,

Have you tried using the Plan dashboard widgets?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 21 '14, 4:16 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Ken,

you have limited read access with no license. You can browse work items and see dashboards. To see plans, I am pretty sure, you need a license (which is also indicated by the error message). See https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/5.0.1?p=featured for what features require what license.
Ken Murphy selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ken Murphy commented Nov 21 '14, 8:18 a.m.

Soooo, a user designed to have read-only access and consume no license in the process can view work items, but cannot view groupings of work items (plans).  We have business users who we don't want to have to purchase licenses for and their only need is to look at the plans for the upcoming sprint(s) and the scope (work items) planned for those sprints.  What is the thought process behind allowing access to work items, but not plans?  So, is our only recourse now to assign them a contributor license and make them stakeholders on the project(s)? 

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 21 '14, 8:44 a.m. | edited Dec 09 '14, 2:20 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The user does not require a role in the project, as long as they have read access.
You can add a widget that shows a plan in the dashboard. A user without a license can browse that. I just checked.

I think, planning has been considered an added value and thus requires a license.
Licenses are at least stakeholder License.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.