It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Disable User related feeds

Christian Lindemann (323) | asked Jul 16 '12, 4:47 a.m.
Hello!
I've searched the forum, but did not find anything that fits.

Is there a possibility to disable the feeds which are directly related to single User events?
In the Eclipse Client I am able to 'Subscribe to Events Generated by User'. Just to know, I am asking if it would be possible to disable this functionality.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Scott Rich (57136) | answered Aug 15 '12, 3:09 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Christian,
I don't believe there is any option to disable these in the Eclipse client, but it would be possible to block them at you RTC server if you have an HTTP server in front of it.  The requests for a user feed look like this:
https://jazz.example.com:9443/jazz/service/com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.IFeedService?provider=usermodified&user=acho

If you have an HTTP server in front of your RTC app server, you can configure it to block requests for these feeds, rather than pass them on to the RTC sever. This isn't a perfect solution, as someone could still try to configure it from the client, and would get something like a 403 Forbidden response code.

Hope this helps.
Christian Lindemann selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.