It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do i duplicate a task in RTC via the web front end? I see no options to do so

renee nelson (781918) | asked Jul 10 '12, 3:28 p.m.

How do i duplicate a task in RTC via the web front end? I see no options to do so.

I need to duplicate (copy) tasks and reword them instead of creating new tasks.

I am working with Version 3.0.1.2

Thanks!

2 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jul 20 '12, 1:24 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The ability to copy a work item into the same project area in the web UI is work item 88960

https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/88960

permanent link
Arne Bister (2.6k12832) | answered Jul 15 '12, 5:39 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

do you need to copy tasks into other project areas? If you open the tasks in the web editor, one of the action buttons in the upper right lets you "move or copy" into other project area. This copies summary, description and links of the work item, but not comment history.

If you need to have multiple copies of the same kind of task within one project area, you can make a template out of a task. Creating template is only available in Eclipse client. Instantiating a task from template can be done from web client as well as Eclipse client.

"Create work item copy" is only available in Eclipse client, if you need to copy arbitrary work items within the same project area. Please submit an Enhancement Request on jazz.net if you want this capability in the web client.

- Arne

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.