It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I query out what work items are included in a Build through RTC client?

Zhou Xing (41123) | asked Jul 09 '12, 7:58 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jul 10 '12, 12:16 a.m. by David Olsen (5237)
I'm using RTC plain Java client, is there a way to query out what work items are included in a Build? thanks

2 answers

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Jul 13 '12, 9:49 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 If you open the Build, the included work items will appear under the Contribution Summary heading in the Overview tab.  You can also open and view work items against the given build by using the Reported Work Items heading in the Overview tab.

Comments
Brian DiCola commented Nov 21 '13, 1:38 p.m.

Is there a reference or article that explains the details of how RTC figures out what work items go into a build?  Thanks.

sam detweiler commented Nov 21 '13, 2:39 p.m.

when u check in a change (set), you are prompted for the workitem causing you to do this work.

so there is no 'figure out'.   a build references change set(s). all change set(s) have related workitems..

Sudhakar Frederick commented Nov 21 '13, 4:35 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Got this from the Build team:"The "Included in build" links are generated during the SCM accept phase of the build (whether done by JBE or the teamAccept Ant task), for any work items associated with change sets accepted into the build workspace."

permanent link
Scott Cowan (966310) | answered Nov 21 '13, 5:59 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I only found the internal, com.ibm.team.build.internal.client.workitem.WorkItemHelper.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.