It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why are changes are not getting reflected after redeployment of plugins?

Sarthak Sharma (4711620) | asked Jul 06 '12, 3:58 a.m.
edited Jul 06 '12, 7:47 a.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)
I implemented Operation Advisor and Operation Participant Plugin.
When I am deploying the plugin in the environment , It is working correctly at first time.

(If all steps are followed correctly,then only I am able to add it in the environment. If steps are not followed correctly then later correcting them is not helping.)

When it is working correctly, I tried changing the code a bit.
Rebuilt the site.Then I replaced the contents of the site folder present in ccm/sites.

Then again if I restart RTC and Tomcat, the previous code still is getting executed and not the latest one.

Is there any cache where the plugin code is getting stored.
If so, how to resolve that.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Craig Chaney (9212) | answered Jul 06 '12, 6:07 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You need to reset the plugin cache.

On Tomcat, you should delete the directory server/tomcat/work/Catalina/localhost/ccm before you start Tomcat.  If there are other apps that have new plugins, you should delete those directories under server/tomcat/work/Catalina/localhost as well.

Alternatively, before you shut Tomcat down, you can visit /ccm/admin#action=com.ibm.team.repository.admin.serverReset and click the "Request server reset" button.
Sarthak Sharma selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.