It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 3.0.1 Setup configuration fails on page (8/JTS/Setup#/step8)- Page not displayed

Lionel Butler (3635) | asked Jul 02 '12, 11:06 a.m.
RTC 3.0.1 running on WAS 7.0.0.21 linked to LDAP AD  on Windows 2003 Server , DB2 9.7 Enterprise

Have successfully been navigating through the jts/setup pages but after successfully creating the Data Warehouse Tables and testing the connection on Page 7, when selecting next, 
the Page 8  'Change and Configuration Management' page, left progress bar is loaded, but the main part of the page which should display the Configure Database properties, does not load ' Internet Explorer cannot display page'

Have tried clearing the IE v8 Cache, and using both the hostname and localhost as part of the URL.

4 answers

permanent link
Lionel Butler (3635) | answered Jul 13 '12, 6:26 p.m.
It transpired that proxy settings where causing the issue. When fully by-passed the pages loaded without issue.
Thanks for you assistance Karl

permanent link
Karl Weinert (2.0k52736) | answered Jul 02 '12, 12:15 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I haven't seen this before but here's a few things I would check.
I assume that the application registered ok in step 5
Do the base URL and port look ok?
Can you get to.
server:port/ccm/setup
Can you get to
server:port/ccm/admin (there might be an error because it is not set up but something should load)

If you have any other applications can you get to any of their URLs
server:port/qm/admin etc...

I'm thinking either the ccm.war file didn't get deployed correctly or  a problem with one of the WAS settings for the ccm application.

permanent link
Lionel Butler (3635) | answered Jul 02 '12, 3:38 p.m.
edited Jul 02 '12, 3:43 p.m.
Can Confirm:
- Application registered OK (Step 5)
- URL and Port OK
- server:port/ccm/admin   - Loaded with expected error that the tables cannot be found (CRJAZ1061)

-server:port/ccm/setup  - This loaded successfully, and followed the 3 setup pages entering in appropriate values. Selected the Finalise Application Setup button, which also ran successfully.

When selecting Next to get the 'LIFECYCLE PROJECT ADMINISTRATION (/admin) page, get the same problem as before, with the main frame of the page , saying in cannot be loaded.

Is there any way of triggering of this last step independently?

I have gone into jts/admin  and ccm/admin and everything looks OK.

Please can you confirm the impact of not running the final stage above.

permanent link
Karl Weinert (2.0k52736) | answered Jul 02 '12, 5:39 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
server:port/admin/setup seems to be what you are looking for.
It automatically changes to  server:port/admin/setup#/steps/1

If this is a production system I would consider opening a PMR so that support can look over your logs to be sure there isn't a larger issue as this is an unusual problem.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.