It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Automatic sms notifications to subscribers or other users

VK L (8177157159) | asked Jul 02 '12, 3:01 a.m.
Hi All,
           Is there a software that can integrate with RTC to send out sms notifications to the specific mobile networks. This can be configured either for the subscribers alone.

Various tools provide this functionality.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

6 answers

permanent link
Muthukumar C (32712833) | answered Jul 02 '12, 3:38 a.m.
Hi Valli,

I haven't tried it yet..
Anyways, the following architecture should give you some idea.
Get a Java API that will support SMS using inbuilt system modems
Using the Java Operation Participants, call this API to send SMS to specific mobiles
Operation Participants will decide when to send the SMS (Save) and what should be the content of SMS. (Modified fields)

Regards
Muthukumar.C

permanent link
VK L (8177157159) | answered Jul 02 '12, 3:42 a.m.
Hi Muthukumar,
                          "Getting a Java API that will suppirt SMS using inbuilt system modems" - could you please be more specific on this? Whether it is a tool that has to be purchased - involving costing, licensing etc?

Thanks.

permanent link
Muthukumar C (32712833) | answered Jul 02 '12, 3:46 a.m.
edited Jul 02 '12, 3:47 a.m.
Open sources will be available I guess....Since it is a plain java API which will check whether your system has a Modem supportable.
If so, using that modem, it will make use of it to send SMS. [Using your ISP Operator]

http://www.java-samples.com/showtutorial.php?tutorialid=22 Check this link.

But its your decision to use this code or not...

Regards
Muthukumar.C

permanent link
VK L (8177157159) | answered Jul 02 '12, 4:15 a.m.
Thanks. But my other main requirement is that when users reply to sms - saying a particular workitem is approved, the system should auto-approve the item.I think only a connector can do this. Have you seen any software doing this? (or) Can the Java API Functionality do this as well?

Similarly, workitem approvals via emails -> Is this possible using Java API? Is any open source available for this?
Currently, we are looking at Jazz connect mail - to serve this purpose.

Thanks.

permanent link
Muthukumar C (32712833) | answered Jul 02 '12, 5:48 a.m.
I don't think the above requirements will not be possible without the help of third party vendor softwares.

Have a trace @ Google. Predefined SW kits are available for SMS solutions. again the question is that the integration smoothness with RTC.

Regards
Muthukumar.C

permanent link
VK L (8177157159) | answered Jul 02 '12, 6:00 a.m.
Okay...just checking if anyone has already implemented this.

Thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.