It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What roles, permissions, access & license is required to create a story in RTC (latest version). how to verify if or I have all of the required things?

Ankit Jain (6423639) | asked Jun 27 '12, 3:57 p.m.

What roles, permissions, access & license is required to create a story in RTC (latest version). how to verify if or I have all of the required things?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Arne Bister (2.6k12832) | answered Jun 27 '12, 6:17 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

your user needs to have at least a Stakeholder license (Contributor or Developer licenses work, too). You can check this by accessing View My Profile and Licenses from the right hand drop down menu in the web client, beside your user name.

You need to be member of the (ccm) project area or team area in which you want to create the story. One of the roles your user has in that team needs to have the permission to create work items of type story. For the basic SCRUM process, the out of the box role Team Member would suffice.
You can check this by accessing the (ccm) project area: Manage Project Area --> Permissions --> Team Configuration section, then highlighting a role and look at Save Work Item --> Create a Work Item --> Create a Work Item of specific type to see whether this is checked for story.

Easiest to verify your user qualifies is by creating a story and trying to save. The client is going to throw a specific permission error if something is missing.

Does this answer your question?

- Arne
Ankit Jain selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.