It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Assigning test case to team member for execution

Shivanand Divekar (621112) | asked Jun 25 '12, 4:44 p.m.
How to assign a test case for execution to a member of team selected in test plan?

Comments
Seth Packham commented Jun 25 '12, 4:46 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

We require all postings to have a clear, specific QUESTION in the title field. Please edit this right away to rephrase the title as a proper question.

3 answers

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Jun 27 '12, 1:22 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi @sagard75,
Regarding your second comment on My Tasks not showing TER, the purpose of My Task is to list the quality task assigned to you. Often this task address the need where you want to assign construction of a stub artifact or specific section of a artifact. e.g. "Complete Exit criteria section of Test case Login as Administrator"
Such quality task has got a lifecycle and gets resolved and closed similar to defect in RTC.

However TER is conceptually different and it is a token to execute a testcase for a given test plan for a selected iteration, for a given Test Environment, This TER can be executed multiple times or just once. A user should often goto View Testcase Execution Record and filter it with Owner == his id, to figure out what TER is assigned to it. Moreover if looking for perticular iteration or test plan, can filter TER further.

RQM 4.0 also provides widgets which you can display on your dashboard. This widgets can list TER based on the shared/personal query. So may be create a shared query say "All TER assigned to current User for Test Plan abcd"
Each user can configure this widges on his personal dashboard or it can be deployed to shared dashboard by the lead. In either case it display TER's pertaining to the user logged in.

Comments
Shivanand Divekar commented Jun 27 '12, 11:31 a.m.

Thanks Pramod for the answer. I will try the dashboard configuration. This looks helpful.

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Jun 26 '12, 2:30 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Shiva,
You can create a Testcase Execution Record. The owner of the Testcase Execution Record is the one who execute it.
Goto Testcase section of Test Plan. Select testcases which you want to execute and then click Generate Execution Record. For more info please read Testcase Execution workflow

Comments
Shivanand Divekar commented Jun 26 '12, 5:37 p.m.

Hi Pramod,

Thanks for info. I creates test execution records and assigned owner to them. I have following observation

When I am assigning Owner to TERs, I can see all the users registered in RQM. I expect to see only those who are present in the team area associated to the test plan that I am using to select test cases. Could you let me know the reason behind this?

Shivanand Divekar commented Jun 26 '12, 5:39 p.m.

Moreover, after TERs are created, I expect that when the user who is assigned the ownership of TERs logs in to RQM, that user should see the assigned task of test execution in 'My Tasks' section in project dashboard. But, I do not see that. Please let me know the reason.

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Jun 27 '12, 1:13 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi @sagard75, No that option is not available, it does not filter user based on the team area users. Please raise  RQM New RFE

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.