It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Migrating data from TFS (Team Foundation Server) 2010 to RTC

Frank Ning (50025119133) | asked Jun 23 '12, 4:58 a.m.
retagged Jun 23 '12, 10:43 a.m. by Arne Bister (2.6k12832)

Hello,

I saw some posting and did some initial trial with tfs2svn and then "svn2rtc". The current tfs2svn does not support TFS2010. Even with some developer's help to use the patched version of tfs2svn with TFS 2010, it still has issues with TFS projects when branching/renaming occurred in change history.

Did anyone successfully do the TFS 2010 --> RTC (3 or 4) migration with change history migrated as well? If so, appreciate if you could share some experience. Great if you project also contained branches/file-renames and you could successfully migrate TFS to RTC.

I am also wondering why IBM does not have official support utility or tool to help their customers to migrate from TFS to RTC. Did anyone ever discuss this with Rational dev/supp teams?

Thanks in advance

Frank

One answer

permanent link
Arne Bister (2.6k12832) | answered Jun 23 '12, 10:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

to answer your last question first: yes. There are several direct channels into the RTC development teams, the most prominent being the one you are currently using. On jazz.net the Enhancement Request 180627 was filed with exactly what you suggested. If you subscribe to it and add a comment, it might bubble up the triage and make it into 4.next planning. I will point the RTC .Net team to this thread / the ER and have them take a look at it.

I am not personally aware of a TFS 2010 --> RTC migration but will scan my network to find out if anybody did. Results being posted here. Just out of curiosity, what are your reasons to consider a migration?

- Arne

Comments
Frank Ning commented Jun 25 '12, 11:24 a.m.

Hi Arne,

Thanks for the link. I added some comments there.

Reason: source management is now in TFS and we need to migrate to RTC with all change histories in TFS migrated to RTC.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.