It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I debug an out of memory error during Rational Asset Manager startup?

Jose Luis Lopez Lopez (111) | asked Jun 13 '12, 4:55 a.m.

The memory usage grows until reaching the maximum heap size of 2G. The memory in the server is 8G.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

I include an extract of the exception stack trace:

com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerResultSet

com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.jdbc.WSJdbcResultSet

com.ibm.ram.repository.core.sdo.BaseRAMSchemaAccess

com.ibm.ram.repository.core.StaleCacheManager
com.ibm.ram.repository.web.ws.quartz.CacheManagerJob

com.ibm.ram.repository.web.ws.quartz.jobs.AbstractRAMJob

org.quartz.core.JobRunShell

3 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Jun 13 '12, 6:33 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Can I just check a few things....what version of RAM are you using, and what OS?  Did the installation work before, or is this a new error when the system was working fine before.

regards

anthony

Comments
Jose Luis Lopez Lopez commented Jun 13 '12, 11:30 a.m.

Hi Anthony,

Windows 2003, RAM 7.5.1. It was a fully operational installation with 1000 assets 10 users. I have digged into the logfiles and observed that the JobScheduler holds 96000 jobs for PendingPolicies... Is there a way to clear the scheduler?? I have cleared all the policies from the lifecycles, there should be no new jobs in the scheduler...

Thanks.

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Jun 19 '12, 4:37 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thanks for the update on what you are running.  I am not sure how to clear these logs, but can look into this. 

In the meantime, if anyone else knows how to fix this - please chime in.

anthony

permanent link
Gili Mendel (1.8k56) | answered Dec 10 '12, 1:05 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The best thing would be to get a dump, and look to see what what is it that takes that memory.

If you are creating assets in a batch, make sure that policies (governor configuration) are set to run as pending ... as they will not be able to catch up.... if this occured, take a look at the STALECACHE table, it should have one entry in it.  Check to see its size.  if it is large (> 20Meg) ... delete this record.   it keep track on pending policies.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.