It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

cross (multi) project dashboard??? how to

sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | asked May 31 '12, 1:59 p.m.
We have this big project, which is really a bunch of sub projects that run on their own schedules, backlogs, teams, etc..

we would like to build a single dashboard that consolidates the status, issues, etc... from the sub projects

Is there a way to do this out of the box with RTC 3.0.1.1?
the 'external content' dashboard widget drags in the whole page header if I try to show a sub project widget or dashboard page.

I'd really like to consolidate the 'milestones' from the multiple projects,
the blockers list, ... think hierarchical projects and status rollup.. I can't yet build my own Insight custom reports to import..

of course I want drill down too!..

sam

2 answers

permanent link
VK L (8177157159) | answered Jun 01 '12, 2:15 a.m.
This can be achieved using Insight reports picking up the data that you need from the repository - Insight reports can act on multiple projects at a time.

Thanks.

permanent link
Adam Archer (83639) | answered Jun 06 '12, 10:09 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Sam,

There is no general purpose way to create a Dashboard like this automatically, if that's what you're looking for. Otherwise, it's just a matter of spending the time required to craft a dashboard with the information you are interested in. You should pull in report and work item based viewlets from all of the sub-projects. It might be a good idea to have an "Overview" tab with a very general report about each of the sub-projects and then individual tabs for more information on each sub-project.

Hopefully this helps a bit. We don't have a general purpose mechanism for creating a dashboard like this because, ultimately, what would be on it is entirely specific to the project. The power of dashboards comes in the customization of it, but this does requires some initial investment in getting it setup exactly how you want it.

Adam Archer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.