It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

"Work Item Statistics" widget

Marco Martino (111) | asked May 31 '12, 8:47 a.m.
retagged Jun 06 '12, 10:28 a.m. by Evan Hughes (2.4k1318)
Hi all, I'm using RTC 3.0.1 and I'd like to use "Work Item Statistics" widget for my Web client dashboard.
My problem is that when I associate a defined query to the widget, not all parameters are selectable for the widget: I can just see some of them.
For example, running the query from RTC client, I can filter on all parameters I've defined (let's say "n"). Once, on the web client, I associate the same query to the widget, I can choose only "m" parameters, where
m < n.

Do you know how and if I can fix this ?

Thanks in advance
Marco Martino

One answer

permanent link
Adam Archer (83639) | answered Jun 06 '12, 10:16 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Marco,

The Work Item Statistics viewlet is restricted to properties of the "enumeration" type. This is because the point of the viewlet is to show charts about the query to give a visual representation of the work items that match the search. If we were to create charts on a property that does not have a discrete number of possibilities the charts would not be interesting.

If you feel that there is a valid use case for what you are trying to do that this restriction does not meet, please feel free to file a work item and we can discuss it further there.

Adam Archer

Comments
Marco Martino commented Jun 07 '12, 5:45 a.m.

Thanks Adam, I understand your point. The scenario I'm trying to cover are: - which and how many User Stories I've demoed to a specific stakeholder (string type) ? - which stakeholder has seen a particular work item ? and so on..

Based on your experience, is there another widget that could be used to cover these scenario ?

If some requests/enhancements could be received by you, please indicate how and where I can file work item. Thanks in advance Marco

Adam Archer commented Jun 07 '12, 2:27 p.m.

Based on what you're after, I'm not sure we have anything that meets your needs. I don't think there is even a way to know which users have seen a particular User Story, but I could be wrong. It sounds like the sort of functionality you're after will be enhancements to Work Items and their viewlet offering. You can file enhancements against Work Items at https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert using the "Work Items" work item category. You can file enhancements for Dashboards at https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Foundation using the "Web UI/Dashboards" category.

Adam Archer commented Jun 07 '12, 2:30 p.m.

Actually, if you want to file an enhancement about the viewlet itself, it is probably best to use the "Dashboard Viewlets" category in the Rational Team Concert project area. If there is work that needs to happen behind the scenes in Work Items to make it happen, we can manage that on our end.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.