It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Difficulties viewing burndown report on RTC 3

Chris Selzo (4642) | asked May 30 '12, 10:20 a.m.
I am trying to get a burndown report, but whether I try via the web interface or the Eclipse client, I get a blank image. I can export it to PDF and it contains all the relevant information.

In FF ESR 10.0.4, I get a "missing plugin" box. In IE 9, nothing loads. In Chrome, nothing loads on the page, but I get a download of an SVG file, which then opens by default in IE.

The strange thing is, I can run other reports such as the defect backlog, and they show up just fine.

I am running RTC 3.0.1.2 on the client side, and 3.0.1 on the server.

4 answers

permanent link
John Kohl (1461815) | answered May 31 '12, 4:32 p.m.

In FF ESR 10.0.4, I get a "missing plugin" box. In IE 9, nothing loads. In Chrome, nothing loads on the page, but I get a download of an SVG file, which then opens by default in IE.

What does the report definition have for the output format? It sounds like that report generates SVG format output. If you edit the report template, I think you can change that to something more standard like PNG, and that should work in all browsers.

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered May 31 '12, 7:45 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Here is a Wiki topic that covers some of the issues with viewing BIRT reports in the CLM 3.0.X UI:

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ReportsMigrating20To30

permanent link
Chris Selzo (4642) | answered Jun 01 '12, 9:55 a.m.
I read the wiki, but that deals with creating your own reports. This is a built-in burndown report, so I'm not sure how to change the definition - any pointers there?

permanent link
Moti Nisenson (2124) | answered Jul 12 '12, 12:51 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jul 12 '12, 12:51 p.m.
I am encountering this issue as well, the same as Chris; please note that this is for the built-in Burndown report (not a custom report) - the Burnup report works as expected.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.