It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Export RRDI report to RTC

Mathieu Defianas (15942838) | asked Apr 09 '13, 11:17 a.m.
Hello,

I have installed RTC 4.0.1 on a Linux server (with the JKE Banking project) and I have installed on another server the RRDI component.
I have succeeded to create a report on my Cognos server with this documention :
https://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m1/topic/com.ibm.rational.rrdi.usage.doc/topics/tut_lesson_RRDI_create_list_rpts.html
The report is correctly executed and I have my report.

However, is it possible to export this report or create a template to import it in the report part of the RTC server ?
It will be very useful for all users connected only to RTC.
Thanks for your help.

Regards
Mathieu

Accepted answer

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Apr 09 '13, 1:23 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Apr 09 '13, 1:24 p.m.
Hi Mathieu,

You can view custom RRDI reports from the custom report widget in a project dashboard.  To do this, you must first make sure your applications are connected to the report server.  This is done by going to the application admin page (ie - ccm/admin) -> Reports -> Custom Reports Connection and ensuring a connection to your report server is established.  Otherwise, you will not see any reports when attempting to configure them within an RTC project dashboard.

To do this, you must first create a report resource by going to a project dashboard -> Reports section.  From there, select "Report Resources" -> "Create Resource from Custom Report" and browse to the RRDI report.  Once you've done this, you can add a "Custom Report" widget to the project dashboard and your report should be available to select. 

See this topic for details.

Hope it helps,
Mathieu Defianas selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Mathieu Defianas commented Apr 11 '13, 9:32 a.m.

Thanks Benjamin !!! It works perfectly !!!!!
The problem was the link between application and rrdi server. When the rrdi url is correctly set on admin page, there is no problem !!!!

One other answer

permanent link
Brian Fleming (1.6k11928) | answered Apr 09 '13, 1:19 p.m.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.