It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Trial to Free License Conversion Fails JTS 3.0.1 RC3

Glenn Cadoret (11) | asked Jun 13 '11, 10:04 p.m.
I have a Jazz Team Server 3.0.1 RC3 running with the trial licenses activated. I have downloaded the "10 Free" licenses. When I try to add them to the server, I get this error:

An error occurred while requesting a preview of the license state. (Two policies can only be merged if their operation rules are exactly the same, but the two policies had a different number of rules)ID CRJAZ1663E

A search on the error code on jazz.net returns nothing, and a Google search returns almost nothing and nothing useful.

Operating system is Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit. Everything else seems to be running just fine. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Glenn

17 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Jun 14 '11, 5:02 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have a Jazz Team Server 3.0.1 RC3 running with the trial licenses activated. I have downloaded the "10 Free" licenses. When I try to add them to the server, I get this error:

An error occurred while requesting a preview of the license state. (Two policies can only be merged if their operation rules are exactly the same, but the two policies had a different number of rules)ID CRJAZ1663E

A search on the error code on jazz.net returns nothing, and a Google search returns almost nothing and nothing useful.

Operating system is Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit. Everything else seems to be running just fine. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Glenn

Hi Glenn

You might want to install the full 3.0.1 release (available today) and then apply the free licenses. If you have content you want to keep from the RC3 install - make sure you read the upgrade notes.

regards

anthony

permanent link
Maria Krieg (1611) | answered Jun 14 '11, 10:19 a.m.
Hello,

we installed the 3.0.1 release today, and have the same problem.

When we try to add the licence key, there is shortly a message visible:
"LicenceKey was uploaded successfully" and is then replaced with "(CAL policy files cannot be merged if the two policies have different values for the "name" attribute.)ID CRJAZ1663E"

Does someone know, what we can do?

Maria

permanent link
Jonathan Huestis (11) | answered Jun 14 '11, 9:34 p.m.
Hello,

we installed the 3.0.1 release today, and have the same problem.

When we try to add the licence key, there is shortly a message visible:
"LicenceKey was uploaded successfully" and is then replaced with "(CAL policy files cannot be merged if the two policies have different values for the "name" attribute.)ID CRJAZ1663E"

Does someone know, what we can do?

Maria

Ran into the exact same issue, saw the flash of "LicenceKey was uploaded successfully" which is then replaced with "(CAL policy files cannot be merged if the two policies have different values for the "name" attribute.)ID CRJAZ1663E"

For what it's worth, we previously had a 2.0 server on the same machine which was shutdown. Also may have tried installing a 3.0 server back when 3.0 came out, but never used it. This was without performing any migration/upgrade steps. Any help is appreciated!

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jun 15 '11, 4:50 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I was able to reproduce this and created Defect 168958. Please feel free to provide more information here: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=168958

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jun 20 '11, 11:34 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I was able to reproduce this and created Defect 168958. Please feel free to provide more information here: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=168958

Hi,

there is an updated license file uploaded to jazz.net. This key works as it is supposed to.

Sorry for inconveniences.

permanent link
Maria Krieg (1611) | answered Jun 20 '11, 12:02 p.m.
It works for me. Thank you :)

permanent link
Gary Karasiuk (3183) | answered Jun 20 '11, 1:29 p.m.
I have downloaded and installed the new free license file, and I now see that I have 10 free licenses.

Are there instructions somewhere for converting the trial license (that I had to activate yesterday) to a free license. It seems that any new license that I assign is still a trial licenses.

permanent link
Maria Krieg (1611) | answered Jun 22 '11, 8:20 a.m.
It works for me. Thank you :)

Mhh... I uploaded the 10-free-licences file successfully and I can see them in the License Key Management. But I am not able to assign them to users. In the list where I should be able to assign licences to users I only find:

Rational Team Concert - Developer 3 available (Expires On: August 13, 2011)

I think that are the 10 trial licences, do they automatically change to the free licences on August 13 or did i miss something?

In additon to that after upload, in the License Key Management there is something I do not understand: There are three 10-Licences for Rational Team Concert - Developer:

Rational Team Concert | 3.0.1 | Developer |         | 10 | 7 | 3 | Active | August 13, 2011	

Rational Team Concert | 3.0.1 | Developer | Trial | 10 | | | Active | August 13, 2011
Rational Team Concert | 3.0.1 | Developer | 10 Free | 10 | | | Active

I excpected two of them. Can someone explain that?

Thanks for help :)
Maria

permanent link
Jonathan Huestis (11) | answered Aug 14 '11, 9:21 a.m.
I reported this exact issue back when we first installed RTC 3.0.1. Was just reminded of the problem when our licenses expired.

Unfortunately, now the latest license seems to be dying from a similar error (maybe only if your trial has already expired). The following is shown immediately after it says the file was uploaded successfully, and no license shows up in the pending key license uploads area. Is there any easy way we can workaround this? My team is dead in the water until this is fixed.

An error occurred while requesting a preview of the license state. (null)ID CRJAZ1663E

permanent link
Matthew Hardin (50814) | answered Aug 16 '11, 2:57 p.m.
Im in a very similar boat here I think. My server installation is an upgrade from 3.0 to 3.0.1 using tomcat and derby databases. I've applied the developer licenses and now when I look under my licensing I see something odd to me:

Rational Team Concert | 3.0.1 | Developer | | 10 | 6 | 4 | Expired Trial | March 26, 2011
Rational Team Concert | 3.0.1 | Developer | Trial | 0 | | | Expired Trial | March 26, 2011
Rational Team Concert | 3.0.1 | Developer | 10 Free | 10 | | | Active

That first line I would think should show active?

Also, when I look under my users, they are currently assigned to the expired license and there is no option for me to choose the free license:

Rational Team Concert - Developer
4 available (Expired On: March 26, 2011)

So how do I get to use the free licenses at this point?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.