It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Refining the Resolved Filter Definition for Plans

Virginia Brown (9333941) | asked May 25 '12, 8:15 a.m.
The Defect workflow has a few end states that are currently all considered Resolved. I have include our semantics of the workflow in ()

Resolved - (Developer)
Verified - (QA)
Done - (Owner signoff )

From a project perspective, Defects that are in a Resolved or Verified state aren't complete ('done done') and need to be tracked and resourced in a sprint plan.

Functionally I would like to change the definition of Resolved to exclude Defect:Resolved and Defect:Verified.

I've played a little with two bits: defining Resolved explicitly in filters:
Expression: state:Done
Expression: state:Closed
one expression seems to work. two does not seem to stick on save (3.0.1)

Second bit: StateGroup, which seems promising but I don't quite see where to modify this and a bit concerned about other impacts of making changes here.

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered May 26 '12, 7:53 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You might want to look at work item 59145:
"Need to be able to declare whether a particular workitem state/resolution means "work has been successfully completed"
If this is the functionality you are looking for, you could add a comment indicating your interest/support.

For the specific questions, if you are losing a filter on save, that sounds like a bug that should be reported.

Cheers,
Geoff

The Defect workflow has a few end states that are currently all considered Resolved. I have include our semantics of the workflow in ()

Resolved - (Developer)
Verified - (QA)
Done - (Owner signoff )

From a project perspective, Defects that are in a Resolved or Verified state aren't complete ('done done') and need to be tracked and resourced in a sprint plan.

Functionally I would like to change the definition of Resolved to exclude Defect:Resolved and Defect:Verified.

I've played a little with two bits: defining Resolved explicitly in filters:
Expression: state:Done
Expression: state:Closed
one expression seems to work. two does not seem to stick on save (3.0.1)

Second bit: StateGroup, which seems promising but I don't quite see where to modify this and a bit concerned about other impacts of making changes here.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.