It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to migrate the source code from one server to another server.

Ankit Shastri (13511) | asked Feb 23 '16, 3:46 a.m.
Hi Team,

The source code is available in RTC server 03 and we want to Migrate source code from RTC Server 03 to RTC server 01.Please help me, i need to complete this task within a week.

Thanks & Regards

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 23 '16, 4:39 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Please see https://jazz.net/library/article/535

Comments
Ankit Shastri commented Feb 24 '16, 1:40 a.m.

Hi Ralph,
First of all thanks for your help......... I read the above link and i thought this is for how to migrate the server. But still i am searching for answer of my question. I will explain you in detail for what i am looking, Recently we have added one new server in our project now i need to transfer all the source code from one server to another server and after that need to decommission old server. Please let me know how to proceed on this.
Thanks in Advance.....

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 24 '16, 2:23 a.m.

The article above explains how to migrate your source code - with history - from one RTC Server to another one. This is the only way to do that. The only other way would be to load the repository workspace for a stream, unshare it and share it on another server, loosing the history.

If you wanted to keep all your data you would have had to migrate your server to another machine, keeping the public URI, or do a server rename.

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 24 '16, 2:26 a.m.

Distributed SCM is also used in situations, where you basically want to share SCM data across multiple CCM applications e.g. to scale, but since it does a copy of all the changes (in the history of the stream) it is the best way to get SCM data from one machine to another as well.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.