It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Specifying which HTML editor to have open

Bonnie John (4122) | asked May 24 '12, 12:34 p.m.
I have created a custom work item type and am using the Custom Attributes Layout so I can have several sections with HTML presentations in each tab. It looks great in the Eclipse rich client, but in the web interface it insists on closing the HTML editors for all but the last section on the page.

Of course, this is opposite what the user of the work item will want to do -- the user will want to fill in the information from the top to the bottom.

I'd love to tell RTC to keep them all open so the user sees all the places s/he needs to enter text, but I would be satisfied if I could at least tell it to keep the top one open, not the last one.

I've search help and forums and played around with the "expanded" property, but I haven found anything that works yet. Any suggestions?
Thanks, Bonnie

12 answers

permanent link
Gabriel Enriquez (3463) | answered May 25 '12, 6:18 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I also captured those behavior differences across browsers, in the enhancement.

This article (little out-dated though) provides an overview of editor presentations, including some of the available properties. We are in the process of updating it.

--
Gabriel Enriquez, IBM Rational, Tracking & Planning

I also discovered that the behavior is browser dependent. On Firefox, it shows hte last editor open (the behvaior I was complaining about); on Safari it shows the first editor open (the behavior I wanted); on Chrome it shows all editors closed (all on Mac OS, I don't have access to a Windows machine).
It sure would be nice for the Web UI to look the same on all browsers -- you can't control the user experiencer when it looks different for different user groups.

I found that myself working in the Eclipse client for defining my work item types, so I didn't see the drop-down for properties that the Web UI shows -- that's nice, thanks. Is there anythig that tells you what the properties mean? (e.g., what's "autocollect"?)

permanent link
Robert Huet (23113984) | answered Jul 30 '12, 7:23 p.m.
Is there an enhancement request for this?  It really is a usability issue for anyone who has more than one HTML field in the same editor tab.  We are receiving complaints on this.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.