It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[SOLVED] Colorize help with Categories/Team Areas

Robert Carter (42928589) | asked May 18 '12, 2:43 p.m.
I am unable to get the colorize to work. I have tried the following:
category:"Info Service"
category:'Info Service'
category~"Info Service"
category~'Info Service'

The plan is owned by the team area "Info Service"
The Team Area "Info Service" is a sub-team.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 22 '12, 2:47 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have looked at one of the latest builds for the next release.
"Category" is not a field that can be colorized. However it is possible to colorize "filedAgainst". I got:

filedAgainst:JKE
filedAgainst:BRM

with JKE and BRM being the display name of the category.
Robert Carter selected this answer as the correct answer

5 other answers

permanent link
Kaushambi Singh (371310379) | answered May 22 '12, 2:55 a.m.
Looks like Library section is not working in jazz.net from past 1 week.

permanent link
Robert Carter (42928589) | answered May 22 '12, 3:19 a.m.
"Category" is not a field that can be colorized. However it is possible to colorize "filedAgainst". I got:

I have created a bug for this because the help system references the use of Category directly. Bug number id Defect 212628.

Help screen that is wrong is here, https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.team.apt.doc/topics/r_quick_query_syntax.html

Thanks.

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered May 22 '12, 6:57 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Just for interest's sake, I tried this out with the 4.0RC3 build .. and filedAgainst is a defined field (in the WebUI), but I'm getting no colored markings in my plan items. Other fields like "priority" are colorizing just fine. Has anyone else had a problem with this in the 4.0 builds, or is it just me?

Cheers,
Geoff

permanent link
Gabriel Enriquez (3463) | answered May 22 '12, 2:48 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I experienced the same with RC0. The interesting part though, is that when I tried to colorize through eclipse it does work in both clients (Web UI & Eclipse). I filed a defect for this:
https://jazzdev.torolab.ibm.com:9443/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=212719

--
Gabriel Enriquez, IBM Rational, Tracking & Planning

Just for interest's sake, I tried this out with the 4.0RC3 build .. and filedAgainst is a defined field (in the WebUI), but I'm getting no colored markings in my plan items. Other fields like "priority" are colorizing just fine. Has anyone else had a problem with this in the 4.0 builds, or is it just me?

Cheers,
Geoff

permanent link
Millard Ellingsworth (2.5k12431) | answered May 22 '12, 3:14 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Cheers,
Geoff

I just tried this with an RC4 system. After I selected "filedAgainst:" from the drop down, it suggested "filedAgainst:BRM" and selecting that got me color tags after clicking OK on the edits. This was using the Sprint and Release backlogs for the JKE sample. It's a potentially uninteresting use case since the Plan is scoped against "Filed Against" already.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.