It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Maturity index

Frank Schophuizen (19323226) | asked Sep 07 '11, 2:09 a.m.
In my organization we use a Pondered Maturity Index (PMI), which is a number calculated as the number of defects weighted for its status and severity, e.g.

PMI = Factor1 * Number_of_defects_with(severity='Critical', status='New') +

Factor2 * Number_of_defects_with(severity='Critical', status='Assigned') +

and so forth for all combinations of severity and status. Factors are high for more severe defects and for defects in early statuses. So lower PMI is better (less defects, lower severity, later status), and the trend of the PMI is an indication how well the defects are doing.

Question:
How can we add the current PMI value and the up-to-date PMI trend chart on a project dashboard?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Sep 07 '11, 7:14 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
In my organization we use a Pondered Maturity Index (PMI), which is a number calculated as the number of defects weighted for its status and severity, e.g.

PMI = Factor1 * Number_of_defects_with(severity='Critical', status='New') +

Factor2 * Number_of_defects_with(severity='Critical', status='Assigned') +

and so forth for all combinations of severity and status. Factors are high for more severe defects and for defects in early statuses. So lower PMI is better (less defects, lower severity, later status), and the trend of the PMI is an indication how well the defects are doing.

Question:
How can we add the current PMI value and the up-to-date PMI trend chart on a project dashboard?

Hi,

you would have to use Birt Report Designer or for 3.0.1 Rational Reporting for Development Intelligence to create such a report.
Frank Schophuizen selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Frank Schophuizen (19323226) | answered Sep 18 '11, 3:01 a.m.

you would have to use Birt Report Designer or for 3.0.1 Rational Reporting for Development Intelligence to create such a report.

Thanks! That sounds simple.

But the help information on RRDI looks like a nightmare :twisted:

Maybe I am overlooking something, but isn't RRDI installed and configured during installation of JTS, so that I can start setting up data collection and report right away? Is there an article somewhere explaining how to do that?

Thanks,
Frank.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Sep 26 '11, 9:34 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Frank,

the datawarehouse is installed with RTC, the included Birt reports work with it, but if you look at https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/3.0.1?p=optionalPrograms you have to still download and install RDDI.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.