It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using RRDI V2.0 RC3 together with CLM V4 RC3 on Win 64Bit

Daniel Stefan Haischt (21412322) | asked May 13 '12, 4:37 p.m.
Hi,

I tried to setup RRDI V2.0 RC3 on a system running an already existing server instance of DB2 64Bit and CLM V4.0 RC3.

I understand from various sources that RRDI is supposed to work with a 32bit DB2 client only. Thus I suspect the RIDW connection test fails because I configured RRDI to use the 64bit DB2 client that was already present on the system. Is this assumption correct?

Are there any plans to upgrade RRDI to support 64bit clients too, so that a complete 64bit stack (WAS+DB2) can be used?

Is there a way to install both a 64bit DB2 server and a 32bit DB2 client version onto the same system so that RRDI could connect to the 64bit DB2 server using the 32bit DB2 client?

PS: The RQM ODBC data source connection test fails too.

Cheers
Daniel

2 answers

permanent link
Renato Mori (10012330) | answered Sep 28 '14, 8:16 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Daniel,
I'm having a similar issue in my CLM+RRDI server.
I have installed and configured an CLM 64bit environment with tomcat and DB2 (64bit).. In the same server I want to install a RRDI to create some additional reports. I checked the prerequisites and they say I need a DB2 32bit client, but I can't install it because I already have the 64bit DB2 server.
Did you get a solution? What you did? or.. What can I do? maybe use additional 32-bit libraries?
Thanks

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Sep 29 '14, 3:45 a.m.
Hello Daniel and Renato,

the 64bit DB2 client also contains the 32bit libraries, so if you have that installed you are good to go for RRDI.

Best Regards

Francesco Chiossi

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.