It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Source Control access to stream in parent team area in RTC

Stephan Arenswald (867) | asked May 27 '15, 8:38 a.m.
edited May 27 '15, 2:17 p.m. by DJ Houghton (2663)

In RTC 4.0.7 we have the following team structure

• project area A
    • big team
      • sub team 1
      • sub team 2

We also have a stream that where the owner is big team. Some team members are only in one of the sub teams (not in big team) but should be allowed to deliver files and access files into that stream.

RTC prevents delivering a file when a member of sub team 1 tries to add a file into the stream where big team is the owner.

How can I allow the team member to deliver the files?

Accepted answer

permanent link
DJ Houghton (2663) | answered May 27 '15, 2:20 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This issue walks the line between process and permissions and you can view a prior discussion here:
   https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/238801

See comment 8 for some suggestions of how to work around this issue.

Stephan Arenswald selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Stephan Arenswald commented May 29 '15, 1:58 a.m.

This link provides the answer to my question. Using "Restrict Change Set Delivery to Components in a Stream" unfortunately doesn't work though. I followed the tutorials and still users are not able to deliver into that stream if they are not part of the team area that is the owner of that stream. However, I'm going to open another entry on that as my initial question is answered here.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.