It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 2.0 Upgrade from .zip possible?

Bryan Massingale (3644) | asked Jun 25 '09, 11:48 a.m.
I have an RTC 1.0.1 install which was done via .zip file and not Installation Manager. I want to upgrade that installation to 2.0 now. It is not clear from the documentation if upgrading versions via .zip is possible. I'd really prefer not to have to do a whole new installation but rather just an upgrade.

3 answers

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Jun 25 '09, 1:04 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Sorry, but for zip installs, incremental upgrade is not supported. You need to download the new zip(s), and extract them. Be sure to extract them to a different directory than the earlier install.

permanent link
Bryan Massingale (3644) | answered Jun 25 '09, 1:47 p.m.
Under the scenario you mentioned what would the proper strategy be for getting my current work items, LDAP users, etc. (from the 1.0.1 install) into the 2.0 install? I am using Db2. Would repotools be able to handle the Db upgrade from 1.x to 2.x or can I explicitly run a script to perform the Db upgrade on the existing Db then just point the 2.0 install to that?

Sorry, but for zip installs, incremental upgrade is not supported. You need to download the new zip(s), and extract them. Be sure to extract them to a different directory than the earlier install.

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Jun 25 '09, 1:51 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Yes, whether upgrading via IM or zips, you'll still need to migrate the database using repotools. There's no in-place upgrade for the DB.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.