It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Restricting Visibility of tabs (WorkItem)

VK L (8177157159) | asked May 10 '12, 9:30 p.m.
Hi All,
Is it possible to prevent certain users from viewing certain tabs in a workitems. For e.g. I want to prevent certain users from seeing the Links tab. Role based restriction is also fine. How can this be achieved?

Thanks.

4 answers

permanent link
Daniel Pool (2644) | answered Jun 27 '12, 3:56 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I think that the work item access restriction in described in article 554 probably does what you want. But you can also use categories to limit visibility (access) to work items based on team areas. Take a look at this tutorial for more info.

permanent link
Arne Bister (2.6k12832) | answered Jun 23 '12, 10:53 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

this restriction has been asked for in Story 93943. Please add yourself as a subscriber and comment so we improve chances for it to be considered for 4.next release backlog. Currently, if you want to shield certain information from a group of users, it might be advisable to group that information in a separate, more restricted work item and link that work item with the more generally visible work item.

- Arne

permanent link
VK L (8177157159) | answered Jun 23 '12, 11:47 a.m.
Hi Arne,
               How can we restrict certain workitems? I think a user who does not have access to create a WI can still view it while querying and can still open it if he has access to the project area. How can we implement this restriction?

Thanks.

permanent link
Arne Bister (2.6k12832) | answered Jun 23 '12, 12:37 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Valli,
Does article 554 answer the question?

- Arne

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.