It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

License utilization of assigned licenses

Benjamin Chodroff (8985231) | asked May 10 '12, 12:40 p.m.
I need to determine peak license utilization of our client assigned licenses (CAL - not floating) for our Jazz based products over the course of a month.

While there are multiple ways to accomplish this with floating user licenses (repotools and the JTS admin page has floating user license counts and reports) there does not seem to be any sort of options for assigned licenses. Essentially, I need a report that details when a user logs in, logs out, or license lock times out.

I am aware there is a way to get WAS to trace this information out (every time a user requests a license -- essentially every action in Jazz), but this is not useful for a production server because it puts an incredible load to write each of these requests out. Does anyone else have an alternative solution? Is there a way to passively monitor who is currently logged in with what license using OSLC?

One answer

permanent link
Benjamin Chodroff (8985231) | answered May 16 '12, 11:37 a.m.
IBM Support pointed out this work item: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Foundation#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=205350

If others have suggestions on how to use WAS to trace out information regarding logins/logouts/timeouts I'd greatly appreciate it! Or, if there is some way to use OSLC to query who is currently in the system - that would also work!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.