It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to move repository from Windows to AIX?

Natsumi Yokoyama (209387101) | asked Aug 03 '11, 11:57 p.m.
Is it possible to move repository between Windows and AIX?

My understanding is that ,in RTC ver 3.0.1, it might be possible to move repository only when following three conditions are met.
a. Its public URI is same
b. Its production installation directory is same
c. Its database connection parameters is same

Because the production installation directory must be different between Windows and AIX, is it impossible to move repository from Windows to AIX?

*Preparing a staging test environment for upgrading CLM products
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/topic/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/t_prepare_staging_env.html
1. Restore the backup of the production database to the staging database server.
2. Make a copy of the production installation directory
3. Replace the database connection parameters
4. Edit the hosts file

Thank you for your cooperation!

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Aug 04 '11, 5:32 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

can you be more specific on what you want to move if you refer to repository?

If you want to move the database to a different system, that is possible for instance by just moving the DB and changing the repository connection in the teamserver.properties file.

If you want to move the application server part to a different machine all constraints with respect to the URI stability apply and you would have to work in your infrastructure to keep it stable.

In certain circumstances it would be possible. for instance if you used a logical host name in the URI e.g. https://my.rtc.company.com:<port>/jazz instead of the fixed host name winserver1.company.com you could map that DNS entry to a different host and keep the URI stable.

permanent link
Natsumi Yokoyama (209387101) | answered Aug 04 '11, 9:25 p.m.
Thank you for your reply.

What I want to move is Application Server and Repository database.
According to following guide, I thought an installation directory is also needed to be same.

According to your answer, It is possible. I'm going to try.

Thanks!

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Aug 05 '11, 2:23 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thank you for your reply.

What I want to move is Application Server and Repository database.
According to following guide, I thought an installation directory is also needed to be same.

According to your answer, It is possible. I'm going to try.

Thanks!

The install folders are no concern really. What IS a concern is that the URI needs to stay the same. Basically the URL, including host name and port, needs to be the same on the other machine. Dependent on how it is set up you would potentially give the AIX box the name of the Windows box.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.