It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to copy categories with RQMCopUtility between projects

pietro marella (953130) | asked May 07 '12, 10:01 a.m.
Hello

I've defined some new Categories for a Test Plan artifact in my project "Template Prj".
How can I copy these new categories in a different project, using the RQMCopyUtility?
I was expecting them to be "copied" underway when copying a Test Plan from the "template project" to another, but it seems this is not the case.
So I assume I need to explicitely copy them, but I don't see a specific option for this...

thanks in advance

2 answers

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered May 08 '12, 4:24 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi @pmarella,
category and categoryType is not supported by RQMCopyUtility currently.
you can use -la, or -listArtifactTypes to display the supported artifacts.

one way is using RQM ExcelImporter if you have ever use the tool, if not I don't suggest to use it as it'll take you some time to be familiar with it.

and currently I didn't find any better ways to do the copy. if anyone else knows a better way, please go ahead.

Hello

I've defined some new Categories for a Test Plan artifact in my project "Template Prj".
How can I copy these new categories in a different project, using the RQMCopyUtility?
I was expecting them to be "copied" underway when copying a Test Plan from the "template project" to another, but it seems this is not the case.
So I assume I need to explicitely copy them, but I don't see a specific option for this...

thanks in advance

permanent link
Brian Fleming (1.6k11928) | answered May 09 '12, 2:34 p.m.
See this topic in the infocenter

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_copyproject.html

If you only want to copy categories, edit copySettings.bat to comment out the PUT call and the deletion of the settings file (lines 165 and 167 for me). Run copySettings.bat. Open the settings file it generates. Carefully delete everything but the com.ibm.rqm.category value. Edit copySettings.bat again to comment the GET call and uncomment the PUT call. Run it again.

Do not attempt this in a production environment without being comfortable with what it does on a test system.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.