It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

want Default subscribers in workitem

Kaushambi Singh (371310379) | asked Apr 27 '12, 6:35 a.m.
I want few users to be default subcribers whenever a task workitem is created. For this in Process Configuration->Attribute Customization->Default values->I am adding a list (with category as user list) and then in user list, added 2 -3 users. I then mapped it to a attribute I created in 'Types and Attributes' selecting the data type as Contributor list and created default value. Then finally did the editor presentation part of displaying it. But the field is not coming with the default subscribers. It is blank just like adding a new member through subscriber.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Apr 27 '12, 12:00 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am not sure I understand what you did.

I have just created a default value provider, type user list with fixed users in the workitem customization section and configured that to be used in the subscription field. It automatically assigns the people from the list as subscribers to the list. This affect all work item types, as far as I can see.

This might not be what you are looking for, but that is how it is designed to work.
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Kaushambi Singh (371310379) | answered May 02 '12, 6:29 a.m.
Thanks, it worked. You understood correctly. But one thing is if we try to add a new substriber list in types and attributes taking the default value provider, it doesn't work then. I think it needs data type as subscribtion only which doesn't appear when we try to create aour own custom attribute.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered May 02 '12, 8:00 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
It appears you can not create an attribute of type subscriptions. You can only modify the one that is there.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.