It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC repository splited in more than one database

Maria-Jose Arbulu Barturen (63104) | asked May 06 '10, 6:05 a.m.
Is it possible to have the RTC repository splitted in more than one database in the same Jazz Team server?

Is there a plan to provide this capability in future RTC versions (v3.0 or higher)?

My customer wants to migrate from CCase&CQuest to RTC. They have 400 CCase VOBs (160 GBs) aprox. They would like to split the database, mainly for making easier the backup&recovery procedures, apart from performance reasons.

Thanks in advance.

3 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered May 06 '10, 6:39 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Is it possible to have the RTC repository splitted in more than one database in the same Jazz Team server?

Is there a plan to provide this capability in future RTC versions (v3.0 or higher)?

My customer wants to migrate from CCase&CQuest to RTC. They have 400 CCase VOBs (160 GBs) aprox. They would like to split the database, mainly for making easier the backup&recovery procedures, apart from performance reasons.

Thanks in advance.

The RTC repository needs to live on a single database instance, and I don't believe there are any plans to change this. However, you can have multiple RTC repositories, perhaps putting related VOBs on one RTC repository. Also - I suspect then don't really need all 160GB of data transferred across, and once the VOBs are cleaned out - it will be much easier to move data across.

anthony

permanent link
Maria-Jose Arbulu Barturen (63104) | answered May 07 '10, 10:33 a.m.
How can you define more than one repository for RTC? Does it mean creating more than one application server instance in the WAS, that is , one per repository?

Thanks again.

Thanks in advance.

The RTC repository needs to live on a single database instance, and I don't believe there are any plans to change this. However, you can have multiple RTC repositories, perhaps putting related VOBs on one RTC repository. Also - I suspect then don't really need all 160GB of data transferred across, and once the VOBs are cleaned out - it will be much easier to move data across.

anthony

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k9186201) | answered May 07 '10, 11:59 a.m.
That is correct. Either a new app server within a WAS deployment (new app server is required due to needed configuration customizations ) or a new Tomcat process serving the respository.

How can you define more than one repository for RTC? Does it mean creating more than one application server instance in the WAS, that is , one per repository?

Thanks again.

Thanks in advance.

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.