It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Build request pending for too long

Jirong Hu (1.5k9295258) | asked Apr 26 '12, 10:07 a.m.
Hi

We have two project areas sharing the same build server and a single build engine running on that server. The server and build engine is created by/in the other project area.

In the other project area's build queue, I see one build is running and the other pending. In my project area's queue, I see my build is pending.

1. I can see all build definitions in both project area, but I can't see that build engine created in the other project area, why?

2. Why there are two queues, one in the other project area and another in my project area? In what sequence the build engine is pulling the requests?

3. Is build engine single threaded? Why can't process requests at the same time?

Thanks
Jirong

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Apr 27 '12, 4:34 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I assume the build queues are filtered by each project.
The JBE is requesting one build after the other. First come first serve. Each JBE process can only run one build at at a time, by design. You can provide more build engines if you want more capacity.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.