It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Calling the RTC Java API from a servlet

Mark Howell (1143) | asked Nov 13 '12, 7:20 a.m.
i am using the ZK framework to perform some actions in RTC, namely allow certain users to manage a core set of users on several team areas within a single project. What I am trying to do it:
- log the requesting user on using TeamPlatform.startup(), login() as per the code snippets. This will validate their RTC logon (and i dont have to re-write a login checker)
- if they login OK, i then create a second login object for a JazzAdmin user to check they have a pre-defined RTC role (which we use to see whether we want them to do this or not).
- If this is ok, then perform the operation

I am facing two issues:
- I dont really know how TeamPlatform is supposed to work when using multiple JSP style sessions. I am getting "Already Stopped" exceptions for the TeamPlatform. This manifests itself the second time of calling
- Maybe related to the above but when I test for a user who does not have the role and it works as expected, then i give the role to the user but my code doesnt pickup the fact they have the new role, its a server restart (which isnt going to fly!)

i have seen a few threads on this, adted about a year ago but nothing since. I would like some advice on how to use TeamPlatform within a JSP context, i am beginning to think this is a non starter

Comments
Albert Yao commented Jul 05 '21, 6:25 a.m.
I found these:

But I still encountered the same problem, though my RTC version is 6.0.3 :
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Already stopped
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.util.InternalTeamPlatform.shutdown(InternalTeamPlatform.java:120)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.TeamPlatform.shutdown(TeamPlatform.java:63)

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.