It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to request defect raise permission

Zhi Lin (122) | asked Apr 24 '12, 9:13 a.m.
Guys,

We recently upgraded from RQM 2 to RQM 3. When we worked on RQM 2 the whole project team could raise defects and link test execution records with work items. But after the upgrade, we no longer have permission to raise defect and work items.

When I click defect button on the left hand side bar, I can clearly see that it says "Project not configured to support defect". I understood this means the project admin needs to configure the setting, I have found a document in RTC and needs me to login as JazzAdmin to configure it in server administration. I can see the following message "You are currently logged in to the Admin Web UI as a user without JazzAdmins permissions. Most of the functionality will be unavailable. If you believe you should have full access, please contact your administrator."

But I am not the JazzAdmin and the whole project have no idea who can provide this access or permission (even the project owner has no such access).

Could you guys help out us?

Thank you

One answer

permanent link
Robert Rassmann (9923) | answered May 17 '12, 8:01 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Guys,

We recently upgraded from RQM 2 to RQM 3. When we worked on RQM 2 the whole project team could raise defects and link test execution records with work items. But after the upgrade, we no longer have permission to raise defect and work items.

When I click defect button on the left hand side bar, I can clearly see that it says "Project not configured to support defect". I understood this means the project admin needs to configure the setting, I have found a document in RTC and needs me to login as JazzAdmin to configure it in server administration. I can see the following message "You are currently logged in to the Admin Web UI as a user without JazzAdmins permissions. Most of the functionality will be unavailable. If you believe you should have full access, please contact your administrator."

But I am not the JazzAdmin and the whole project have no idea who can provide this access or permission (even the project owner has no such access).

Could you guys help out us?

Thank you

When the product was installed an admin user would have been created. The default user would be ADMIN with a password of ADMIN, but this user will generally be removed. I would check with the person who did the install/upgrade.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.