It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Importing Test Script Results from Excel to RQM

Anna Doran (1111) | asked Apr 23 '12, 12:42 p.m.
Hi there,

Could somebody please tell me if there is an .cfg importer file that allows you to import test script results and status from excell to RQM? Our client will be executing test scripts via excel and we therefore need to import their actual results into RQM when they are finished testing.

I could not find any .cfg files that did this in the Microsoft Excel Importer from the Jazz Team Wiki.

4 answers

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered Apr 24 '12, 9:41 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
hi @annadoran82,
you can refer to the following config file.

executionresult.XLSStartRow=9

executionresult.XLSDelimeter=\n
executionresult.XLSArtifactID=B4
executionresult.jzalm:state=D5
executionresult.er:starttime=D3
executionresult.er:endtime=D3
executionresult.er:stepResults.XLSStartRow=13
executionresult.er:stepResults.er:result=D
executionresult.er:stepResults.vg:id=O
executionresult.er:stepResults.description=B & " " & image(B)
executionresult.er:stepResults.er:expectedresult=C & " " & image(C)
executionresult.er:stepResults.er:actualResult=E & " " & image(E)
executionresult.er:stepResults.er:comment=F
executionresult.er:stepResults.er:steptype=G
executionresult.testcase=Link(O2)
executionresult.testscript=Link(O3)

Hi there,

Could somebody please tell me if there is an .cfg importer file that allows you to import test script results and status from excell to RQM? Our client will be executing test scripts via excel and we therefore need to import their actual results into RQM when they are finished testing.

I could not find any .cfg files that did this in the Microsoft Excel Importer from the Jazz Team Wiki.

permanent link
Anna Doran (1111) | answered Apr 26 '12, 9:23 a.m.
Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me. Do you have an excel template that I could use as a reference to the code you sent me?

Thanks again,

Anna

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered Apr 26 '12, 9:11 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi @annadoran82,

would you please refer to the "Running manual tests in off-line mode"

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_run_offline.html

after importing for offline, you can refer to the generated excel and config file.

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me. Do you have an excel template that I could use as a reference to the code you sent me?

Thanks again,

Anna

permanent link
Anna Doran (1111) | answered Apr 27 '12, 4:40 a.m.
Hi there,

My hosted version of RQM does not host the Offline feature. Therefore could you please send me an attached version of the excel spreadsheet you would use to execute the scripts offline?

Thanks again,

Anna

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.