It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to access build engine credentials in ant ?

Yair Rinot (845) | asked Apr 23 '12, 4:49 a.m.
We use the ant build toolkit for RTC and need the userId and password/passwordFile of the user who runs the build engine (it is the same user who own the workspace build is running against)

Are there built-in properties in jazz ant library to get this information ?

Thanks in advance

4 answers

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Apr 23 '12, 9:49 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Actually there are a few 'built-in' properties that are always created and populated. The one you need is buildRequesterUserId. However the password or password file is NOT passed in for security reasons. So that value should be contained within the Ant script itself.

List of Built-in properties:
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.team.concert.dotnet.doc%2Ftopics%2Fr_build_prop.html&re=1&scope=null

Hi,

there are no built in properties I am aware of. In general all properties set in the Build engine definition and the build definition are passed to ANT and accessible with ${property} like in

<zip>

You could try to use this feature to define the password file for the build engine or the build definition in a property. And then use that property in the build.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Apr 23 '12, 5:34 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

there are no built in properties I am aware of. In general all properties set in the Build engine definition and the build definition are passed to ANT and accessible with ${property} like in

<zip>

You could try to use this feature to define the password file for the build engine or the build definition in a property. And then use that property in the build.

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Apr 23 '12, 9:50 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I should add that these properties only exist if you executed from a JBE.

Actually there are a few 'built-in' properties that are always created and populated. The one you need is buildRequesterUserId. However the password or password file is NOT passed in for security reasons. So that value should be contained within the Ant script itself.

List of Built-in properties:
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.team.concert.dotnet.doc%2Ftopics%2Fr_build_prop.html&re=1&scope=null

Hi,

<zip>

permanent link
Yair Rinot (845) | answered Apr 23 '12, 9:53 a.m.
Thank you for all the answers

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.