It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Which roles enable sending of email from work item comment

Linda Gricius (6812122) | asked Apr 11 '12, 7:12 p.m.
I've always been able to send email from a work item comment by inserting the @ symbol followed by the email alias. I was recently showing someone else how to do it and it didn't work from him. He only had a Product Owner role. I gave him the additional Project Manager role and then he was able to send emails from a work item comment.

How do I know which user rolese allow the sending of email from a work item comment? I don't want to give users more permissions than they actually need, but do want them to be able to send emails from within a comment..

Comments
Bo Chulindra commented Sep 26 '12, 8:19 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

@lgricius: Did you ever find an answer to this?

Linda Gricius commented Sep 26 '12, 10:31 p.m.

No, I never got an answer.

Michael Prentice commented Apr 19 '13, 12:10 p.m.

It should be under Work Items->Save Work Item. But I don't specifically see mentions listed. There are permissions for the other 'links' like blocks, children, parent, dependancy, etc. Maybe some of those effect mentions?

Are the user's 'Save Work Item' permissions in any way different to a user who can use @mentions?

Kevin Ramer commented Apr 19 '13, 12:16 p.m.

By "didn't work" does that mean the link didn't insert or the recipient didn't get the notice.  It could be that the recipient has stifled "Mentions me" in their configuration.

One answer

permanent link
Millard Ellingsworth (2.5k12431) | answered May 20 '13, 6:26 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I think Kevin is on the right track. I don't think the role of the person writing the comment has any affect on this. It is more likely that the person being mentioned has edited their email settings to not receive such emails. In your description, was the same person being mentioned in both cases? How did you determine that it "didn't work"?

Comments
Linda Gricius commented May 22 '13, 11:55 a.m.

To answer your question "How did you determine that it didn't work". I tried sending an email to the user when he was assigned only the Product Owner role and he didn't receive the email. I then assigned him the additional Project Manager role and tried sending another email. This time he received it. He didn't change any of his settings in between.

sam detweiler commented May 22 '13, 11:59 a.m. | edited May 22 '13, 12:00 p.m.

Sending email was thru the '@userid' mentions in both cases, right? On rtc 3.0.1.1

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.