It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Progress bar of a release plan

Roland Mueller (102399) | asked Apr 26 '11, 9:15 a.m.
Hello
I have a release plan (let's say we plan 95 story points for a 3 month release) with 7 iterations, each one lasts two weeks.
That will give an average of less than 15 story points per Iteration.
We have had the 15 points in the first iteration, now we are in the second iteration.
The plan mode is "time remaining".
However , if I look to the release plan in the view "Iteration" in the Eclipse Client , I see just below the "save" button a progress bar for the release, which is deeply red although we acomplished in the first iteration more than expected. The details - poping up when the progress bar gets focus - says, that out of the 95 points already 67 should have been done. However, less than 30 should have been done. It's simply giving a wrong information on how much story should have been done.
Does someone have a similar observation?

Roland

One answer

permanent link
Roland Mueller (102399) | answered May 31 '12, 11:59 a.m.
The issue dissappered in my plan. It's shown correctly now.
However I can not trace down, when the improvement happend.
Roland

Hello
I have a release plan (let's say we plan 95 story points for a 3 month release) with 7 iterations, each one lasts two weeks.
That will give an average of less than 15 story points per Iteration.
We have had the 15 points in the first iteration, now we are in the second iteration.
The plan mode is "time remaining".
However , if I look to the release plan in the view "Iteration" in the Eclipse Client , I see just below the "save" button a progress bar for the release, which is deeply red although we acomplished in the first iteration more than expected. The details - poping up when the progress bar gets focus - says, that out of the 95 points already 67 should have been done. However, less than 30 should have been done. It's simply giving a wrong information on how much story should have been done.
Does someone have a similar observation?

Roland

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.