It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cannot upgrade from JTS 3.0.1.2 to 3.0.1.3

Dacian Hantig (4844) | asked Apr 11 '12, 10:20 a.m.
Hi,

I tried to upgrade JTS 3.0.1.2 to 3.0.1.3 but I failed. I have followed the stept form this page:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/c_upgrade_clm_overview.html

I have tried to execute the jts_upgrade script but it fails. I have tried first:
C:\Pgm\IBM\JTS3_0_1_3\server>upgrade\jts_upgrade.bat -oldJTSHome C:\Pgm\IBM\JTS3_0_1_2\server\conf
... and I get the following message:
"Checking the old JTS version...
CRJAZ2124E The old JTS version could not be determined. Verify that the oldJTSHome is pointed at the correct installation and specify the version using the old JTSVersion parameter."

THIS is weird, as I have 3.0.1.2 and running repotools-jts -version in that old directory tells me exactly the same.

Then I tried the following command:
C:\Pgm\IBM\JTS3_0_1_3\server>upgrade\jts_upgrade.bat -oldJTSHome C:\Pgm\IBM\JTS3_0_1_2\server\conf -oldJTSVersion 3.0.1.2
... but now I get a different message:
"CRJAZ2122E The old JTS version must be a valid 3.x JTS version such as 3.0 or 3.0.1."

What should I do?

Kind regards,
Dacian

2 answers

permanent link
Suresh Raman (9152333) | answered Apr 11 '12, 3:29 p.m.
Dacian,

Please use the following variables...

JTS upgrade
C:\Pgm\IBM\JTS3_0_1_3\server>upgrade\jts_upgrade.bat -oldJTSHome C:\Pgm\IBM\JTS3_0_1_2\server\conf -oldJTSVersion=3.0.1

CCM Upgrade
C:\Pgm\IBM\JTS3_0_1_3\server>upgrade\ccm_upgrade.bat -oldApplicationHome C:\Pgm\IBM\JTS3_0_1_2\server\conf
-oldApplicationVersion=3.0.1

Please refer to https://jazz.net/library/article/736 for more details.

Thanks,
Suresh Raman

permanent link
Dacian Hantig (4844) | answered Apr 12 '12, 11:00 a.m.
Thank you. It worked.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.