It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Test management

Csaba Koncz (611) | asked Aug 05 '08, 5:34 p.m.
Does the Express-C edition include test management capabilities?

I read this article
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/08/0602_song/index.html
but was unable to find the menus that create test plans, test cases, etc.
I do not wish to use ClearQuest and this article does not states clearly whether I need the ClearQuest connector anyway.

2 answers

permanent link
Kai-Uwe Maetzel (85611) | answered Aug 06 '08, 12:42 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Out of box RTC does not include dedicated test management capabilities.
The article makes some proposals how to use RTC as is for test
management or how to use it in conjunction with CQ.

Kai
Jazz PMC

csabakoncz wrote:
Does the Express-C edition include test management capabilities?

I read this article
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/08/0602_song/index.html
but was unable to find the menus that create test plans, test cases,
etc.
I do not wish to use ClearQuest and this article does not states
clearly whether I need the ClearQuest connector anyway.

permanent link
Deepa yr (1643) | answered Aug 07 '08, 1:07 a.m.
Yes thats true, RTC doesnt provide test management capabilities. But with the availability of customization feature in RTc we can make use for Test management also. Open the project area,and select overview tab. In process iteration section, create a line called tester line and create a iteration plan under tester line and call it as test plan.
Open the test plan under plans in team artifacts view, in overview tab user can document the contents of Test plan and user has flexibility to create the pages needed for test plan by clicking on Add page on top right corner. User has the flexibility to create work item type testcase in Process configuration tab of project area. Workflow can be defined on the testcase. Custom attributes like Result,configuration can be used in Testcase work item type for tracking the results. Custom attributes are created in process configuration tab of project area.
Hope this helps.
Express C doesnt provide the features like custom attributes, creating new work item types.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.