It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how to remove the accidentaly checked in files from stream

Abhinav Bommakanti (621) | asked Sep 21 '11, 6:38 p.m.
I have accidentally delivered hundreds of files into a stream and i want to remove all those files from the stream.How can i do this ?I tried reversing the changeset it just reverses the changes we did but doesnot deletes the files.Also discarding a changeset doesnot solve the solution as it jus removes the files from my component but not from the stream.Please help me with this at the earliest.I want to remove all the files I have accidentally checked in through a changeset from my stream

One answer

permanent link
Christophe Cornu (47123) | answered Sep 21 '11, 9:31 p.m.
1. Discard the change set from your repository workspace (say it is in 'component 1'). Your discarded change set now shows as incoming since it is still in the target stream.
2. Make sure that your component 1 in your repository workspace is now in the state you wish the target stream to return to - aka, you have no compile errors, etc.
3. Select component 1 in your repository workspace, in the pending change view. Right click > replace in 'name of your stream here'. Click OK to confirm.
4. Your repository workspace and target stream are now identical, your change set has been removed from the stream.

You can also see our Source Control FAQ "How do I remove a change set from a stream" at https://jazz.net/library/article/126#How_do_I_remove_a_change_set_fro . Look for the second method (see 'You can also discard a change set from the stream by replacing the component') since in your case you don't just want to create a second change set that reverses your first change set but actually remove that change set from the history of the stream.

Let us know if you need more details, your stream should be back in shape in no time :-)

Christophe Cornu

Comments
Andy Jewell commented Dec 13 '13, 11:50 a.m.

Excellent! 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.