It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to move a component from one project to another

Lee Bowie (321313) | asked Aug 19 '10, 9:52 a.m.
Is there an easy way to do this?

3 answers

permanent link
Evan Hughes (2.4k1318) | answered Aug 19 '10, 11:06 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
<i>If you mean that you want to change the ownership of a component from one project area to another:</i>

Yes. Find the component, either in the Team Artifacts Navigator or a stream editor; right click on it; and select &quot;Change Owner...&quot;.

<i>If you mean that you want a component in one stream to be available in another stream:</i>

Yes. Create a workspace from Stream 1, collaborate with Stream 2, and deliver the outgoing component addition.

You can also open the editor on Stream 2; click the &quot;Add&quot; button beside the component list; and add the the component from Stream 1.

e

permanent link
Lee Bowie (321313) | answered Aug 19 '10, 1:50 p.m.
What I want to do is the first one. Change the ownership.

That was the one I tried in the past but it complains I don't have the right perms even though I'm an admin of the entire repo &amp; blew open the rights in both projects.

Am I missing something?

permanent link
Evan Hughes (2.4k1318) | answered Aug 20 '10, 9:34 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Make sure that you are a member of both project areas, and that you have permission to change ownership.

e

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.