It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Possible to revoke read access for specific work item type?

Eduardo Mylonas da Silva (23422519) | asked Apr 02 '12, 9:02 p.m.
Two teams will have access to the same project area. Certain work items (Risk, Issues) must be viewed only by Team 1 and not by Team 2.

I thought of creating two work item types for each (e.g.: Risk Team 1, Risk All, Issue Team 1, Issue All) not exactly like that but something like that.

However, I cannot find the permission configuration for the "Read Access". I see permissions for creating, modifying attributes and advancing workflow, but not for read. Does the Read permission even exist? Is it possible to do what I'm trying to do?

Thank you

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Apr 03 '12, 2:27 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This article https://jazz.net/library/article/554 describes what you can do today.
You can basically use teams to restrict read access. There s one catch, someone who can not read a work item, can not write it either. So you need to be a member of both teams to change the category from one team to another.

I am not sure if there would be a way to automate setting the restricted access attribute by type. There is a restricted access attribute you can define. You can look into workitem customization to somehow set the default value. Potentially you would have to create an extension such as a followup action to achieve this.

There is work in progress to make this easier.

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Apr 03 '12, 12:53 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
There currently is no work item read access based on work item type.
The best approach currently is the one Ralph suggested ... leveraging the team-based read-access control. For work items, that effectively means using the Category identified in the Filed Against field to determine read access.

Cheers,
Geoff

This article https://jazz.net/library/article/554 describes what you can do today.
You can basically use teams to restrict read access. There s one catch, someone who can not read a work item, can not write it either. So you need to be a member of both teams to change the category from one team to another.

I am not sure if there would be a way to automate setting the restricted access attribute by type. There is a restricted access attribute you can define. You can look into workitem customization to somehow set the default value. Potentially you would have to create an extension such as a followup action to achieve this.

permanent link
Eduardo Mylonas da Silva (23422519) | answered Apr 03 '12, 1:52 p.m.
There currently is no work item read access based on work item type.
The best approach currently is the one Ralph suggested ... leveraging the team-based read-access control. For work items, that effectively means using the Category identified in the Filed Against field to determine read access.

Cheers,
Geoff

This is all very good information. I'm making tests here.

Thank you

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.