It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Work Item Required Properties based on state resolution code

Vicki Chan (4113) | asked Apr 01 '12, 10:29 p.m.
When configuring the 'Required Properties' for a custom work item, my customer has a requirement to define different mandatory fields based on different resolution codes.
In this case, the work flow defines 2 different resolution codes ("Complete" and "Cancelled") for the "Close" action (which will resolve the work item). So if the "Cancelled" resolution code is selected, only the work item "Summary" attribute is required; otherwise if the "Complete" resolution code is selected, a number of other attributes are required.

I have configured this in the Team Configuration | Operational Behaviour. I have tried at the work item Category level as well at the work item Type level - in both cases I have the following behaviour:

- In the eclipse client it all works, mandatory "*" marks are shown (and changed) when the "Close" action is selected and each different resolution code is selected.

- In the web client, only the mandatory "*" marks are shown for the required attributes for the current Status. No new mandatory "*" marks are shown when the "Close" action is selected and the different resolution codes are selected. Although errors are presented if you try to save to work item without the required attributes.

I have tried this configuration on 2 different hardware platforms running Linux.

Anyone else use this feature or experience this problem?

3 answers

permanent link
VK L (8177154159) | answered May 03 '12, 3:32 a.m.
Hi All,
I have an enumeration-type attribute. When i chose value1, certain set of attributes should be shown in the presentation. When i choose value2, these need to be hidden and another set of fields need t appear.
Basically, need to set the hide/show property depending on the enumeration value.
Is customization possible for this requirement?

Thanks,
Valli.

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered May 03 '12, 8:11 a.m.
Hi All,
I have an enumeration-type attribute. When i chose value1, certain set of attributes should be shown in the presentation. When i choose value2, these need to be hidden and another set of fields need t appear.
Basically, need to set the hide/show property depending on the enumeration value.

Thanks,
Valli.

there are lots of ways to hide fields.. this is not one of them

permanent link
VK L (8177154159) | answered May 03 '12, 8:20 a.m.
Hi Sam,
My requirement is that i want to populate attributes based on the Value chosen in the "Type" drop-down say. So how can this be achieved?

Hi All,

Thanks,
Valli.

there are lots of ways to hide fields.. this is not one of them

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.