It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Executing a build via Jazz Build Engine fails, but ant works

Marianne Myers (611) | asked Mar 30 '12, 2:02 p.m.
RTC: 3.0

I have an build that consistently fails when it is kicked off via jbe, but builds successfully on the same server when the ant target is kicked off at the command line.

We use Apache Ivy for dependency management. The build that is invoked via the jbe process consistently fails when it gets to a step that builds EARs with the error, followed by a a java.text.ParseException stack trace.
[ivy:resolve] Problem occured when parsing ivy file: Unable to parse included ivy file for...<snip>

I am forcing the jbe process to use my system's installation of Java (1.6.0_18-b07) and also forcing it to compile to 1.6 (I believe I am, at least). Regardless of the parameters sent, I cannot get the entire build process to finish. My last attempt to run the jbe process with a different combination of parameters was:

./jbe -vm /usr/java/jdk1.6.0_18/bin/java -repository https://path-to-repository/ccm/ -userId myUser -passwordFile myFile.txt -vmargs -Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.6

I have verified the processes running via ps, and do see the java specified being executed, along with the vmargs. Still, it is not behaving the same as when I simply execute "ant" at the command line within the proper directory in the fetched workspace. It still behaves exactly the same as it does when no -vm or -vmargs are specified.

Any ideas as to why the build consistently fails when kicked off via jbe?

One answer

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Apr 04 '12, 9:39 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am not familiar with Ivy, but the difference between running the build in JBE vs Ant itself is JVM and the classpaths. I don't know if the classpath information will make a difference for Ivy, but that is the only other thing that I can think of that would be different between JBE and Ant.

~Spencer

RTC: 3.0

I have an build that consistently fails when it is kicked off via jbe, but builds successfully on the same server when the ant target is kicked off at the command line.

We use Apache Ivy for dependency management. The build that is invoked via the jbe process consistently fails when it gets to a step that builds EARs with the error, followed by a a java.text.ParseException stack trace.
[ivy:resolve] Problem occured when parsing ivy file: Unable to parse included ivy file for...<snip>

I am forcing the jbe process to use my system's installation of Java (1.6.0_18-b07) and also forcing it to compile to 1.6 (I believe I am, at least). Regardless of the parameters sent, I cannot get the entire build process to finish. My last attempt to run the jbe process with a different combination of parameters was:

./jbe -vm /usr/java/jdk1.6.0_18/bin/java -repository https://path-to-repository/ccm/ -userId myUser -passwordFile myFile.txt -vmargs -Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.6

I have verified the processes running via ps, and do see the java specified being executed, along with the vmargs. Still, it is not behaving the same as when I simply execute "ant" at the command line within the proper directory in the fetched workspace. It still behaves exactly the same as it does when no -vm or -vmargs are specified.

Any ideas as to why the build consistently fails when kicked off via jbe?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.