It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Change the RAM Server

Ivan Bula (58106) | asked Mar 29 '12, 7:26 p.m.
Hi,

We need to change RAM from one server to another. We take a DB backup, Do we need to move other folders?. Thanks in advance.

3 answers

permanent link
Rich Kulp (3.6k38) | answered Mar 30 '12, 2:23 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Don't forget to backup your RTC database and the persist area.

Then you will be doing basically a new install on the new server and point to the databases and persist area.

What version are you currently at? If you are 7111 or later just changing the host paths on the configuration page would be sufficient.

permanent link
Rich Kulp (3.6k38) | answered Mar 30 '12, 2:28 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Oh, and one more thing, if you customized the theme you will need export the theme and re-import it in the new ram to each server in the cluster (if you are in a cluster) or to just the new server.

The theme is not sotred in the database, it is stored directly in the installed WAS ear area, so that is why you need to do "Download Current Theme" from the tools page on the old running RAM before you move it.

permanent link
Ivan Bula (58106) | answered Apr 07 '12, 10:42 p.m.
Oh, and one more thing, if you customized the theme you will need export the theme and re-import it in the new ram to each server in the cluster (if you are in a cluster) or to just the new server.

The theme is not sotred in the database, it is stored directly in the installed WAS ear area, so that is why you need to do "Download Current Theme" from the tools page on the old running RAM before you move it.

Hi Richard,

I appreciate your attention and your answer. I have RAM V 7.2.0.2 and Im going to follow your indications. When I finished I will post the results. Thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.