It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Two RTC connect to one database

Jia Jia Li (8058157192) | asked Mar 28 '12, 10:00 a.m.
We have one RTC Server and Oracle db, if shutdown the RTC server, does another RTC server can conect to the same Oracle db when jts/setup?

Here our RTC 3.0.1 with Oracle db has some problem, we want to install another RTC 3.0.1.2 to verify, so can I use RTC 3.0.1.2 to connect the same db?

Thanks!

2 answers

permanent link
Jared Russell (1.3k12019) | answered Mar 28 '12, 11:25 a.m.
When you run the upgrade from 3.0.1 to 3.0.1.2 the upgrade script makes some changes to the database, so I very much doubt you can point a 3.0.1.2 application to a 3.0.1 level database.

Assuming that you want to move to a different app server, I think the options you have are:
- Upgrade to 3.0.1.2 on your existing app server (thereby upgrading the DB), then do a fresh 3.0.1.2 install on your new app server
- Install 3.0.1 on your new app server and then run the upgrade process on this

One thing to be aware of is that the DB stores an ID of the RTC instance that is using it. If you connect a new install to the same DB you will need to run the repotools -resetRepoLockId command as described here.

We have one RTC Server and Oracle db, if shutdown the RTC server, does another RTC server can conect to the same Oracle db when jts/setup?

Here our RTC 3.0.1 with Oracle db has some problem, we want to install another RTC 3.0.1.2 to verify, so can I use RTC 3.0.1.2 to connect the same db?

Thanks!

permanent link
Jia Jia Li (8058157192) | answered Mar 28 '12, 11:54 a.m.
ok, I get the point, I can not use diff RTC app server to connect to the same database.
I must upgrade to 3012 including upgrade db.

Thanks for your reply

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.