It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Dynamic Multi-Select Lists

Robin Parker (32633538) | asked Mar 27 '12, 11:59 a.m.
Is it possible to set up dynamic multi-select lists?

e.g. If I have 'Item's 1, 2, 3 and 4 and 'Subitem's 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, 2A, 2B ... 4D

I want to be able to select Items 1 and 3 and for the available Subitems to be 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, 3A, 3B, 3C and 3D. I then want to be able to select multiple Subitems as well.

Can this be done?

This is for systems/subsystems affected by a defect, so I want to be able to select any number of systems and any number of subsystems, but only valid combinations. So I don't want a defect affecting System 1 and Subsystem 2A ..

Many Thanks,

Robin

4 answers

permanent link
Brad Veitch (11078) | answered Mar 29 '12, 11:10 p.m.
Yes, this is possible
In the eclipse client, navigate to Project Configuration - Configuration Data - Work Items - Attribute Customization.
Click on "Add" and give your dependency a name, select the Category as "Value Sets" and the Type and "Dependent Enumerations"
You then need to specify your Source Enumeration and Dependent Enumeration.

Hope this helps

Brad

permanent link
VK L (8177145159) | answered Oct 12 '12, 1:57 a.m.
Hi Brad,
               I tried a similar scenario.
Source: Enumeration
Target: medium string (multi-select list referring an enumeration)

Created a value-set between the 2 enumerations.

How to associate the value-set? Since string type does not have value-set enabled. Please advise

permanent link
Andrea Perniciano (33) | answered Jan 05 '13, 4:03 a.m.
Hi all,
I have the same kind of a problem, associating value sets to enumerations is easy, but unfortunatelly it isn't for enumeration lists.

should we go and modify the xml sorce ? and if yes, how ?

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6189201) | answered Jan 06 '13, 7:14 a.m.
you cannot have multi-select and dependent at the same time (unfortunately). We need the same thing for the same reason..

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.